April is a fantastic time to explore Europe, as spring brings warmer weather and blooming flowers to many destinations. From charming cities to scenic countryside, there are plenty of places to discover across the continent. Here are 15 of the best places to visit in April in Europe, along with reasons why this is the perfect time to go:
- Paris, France – The city of love is a great choice for April, as the crowds are thinner and the weather is mild, perfect for strolling through the city’s charming streets and admiring the cherry blossoms.
- Amsterdam, Netherlands – The Dutch tulips are in full bloom in April, making Amsterdam a colorful and vibrant destination. Plus, the canals are much quieter before the summer tourist season begins.
- Lisbon, Portugal – With sunny days and comfortable temperatures, April is a wonderful time to explore Lisbon’s colourful neighbourhoods and soak up the city’s relaxed vibe. See a top guide of things to do in Lisbon.
- Rome, Italy – Springtime in Rome is a magical experience, with mild temperatures, fewer crowds, and the city’s many historical landmarks and charming piazzas to explore.
- Berlin, Germany – As the snow melts away, Berlin comes to life in April with outdoor markets, music festivals, and cultural events. Plus, the mild weather is perfect for cycling through the city’s many parks and historic streets.
- Vienna, Austria – The imperial city of Vienna is a great choice for April, with the city’s parks and gardens in bloom and the famous Viennese coffeehouses perfect for a cozy break from sightseeing.
- Barcelona, Spain – The Spanish city of Barcelona is a popular destination year-round, but April brings pleasant temperatures and a quieter atmosphere, making it easier to explore the city’s famous landmarks and museums.
- Copenhagen, Denmark – April is the perfect time to visit Copenhagen, as the city’s iconic cherry blossoms bloom and the weather is mild enough to explore the city’s charming neighbourhoods by bike or foot. See the beautiful and tasty food markets of Copenhagen!
- Bruges, Belgium – The picturesque town of Bruges is a delight in April, with the cobblestone streets and canals less crowded and the tulips and daffodils in full bloom.
- Athens, Greece – The mild temperatures in April make Athens a great choice for sightseeing, with fewer tourists and the city’s many historical landmarks open and accessible.
- Edinburgh, Scotland – With its iconic castle, charming old town, and blooming cherry blossoms, Edinburgh is a wonderful destination in April, before the summer crowds arrive. See a complete guide to Edinburgh here!
- Prague, Czech Republic – Prague’s stunning architecture and charming streets are a joy to explore in the milder April temperatures, and the city’s famous Easter markets are not to be missed.
- Stockholm, Sweden – April is the perfect time to visit Stockholm, with the city’s famous cherry blossoms in bloom and the chance to explore the city’s many museums and galleries.
- Dubrovnik, Croatia – With its stunning coastline and picturesque old town, Dubrovnik is a fantastic destination in April, before the summer crowds arrive and the temperatures soar. Check out a complete Dubrovnik guide here!
- Reykjavik, Iceland – While still chilly, April is a great time to visit Iceland and its capital city of Reykjavik, with the chance to see the Northern Lights and explore the country’s rugged landscapes.
In conclusion, April is a wonderful time to explore Europe, with plenty of destinations offering mild weather, blooming flowers, and fewer crowds. From charming cities to stunning countryside, there are plenty of places to discover and explore this spring.